My ideal morning routine would be to get up, walk the dogs, feed the animals, shower and then get to work, however that's not how it's been going. Instead, I just keep hitting that snooze button until I end up having to rush to shower, dress, put on makeup, get the pets fed and get to work on time.
I have no idea why I'm not a morning person. There is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get up and do stuff after having slept 7-8 hours. However, that damn snooze button sucks me in every time. I wish I could figure out how to disable it, so I wouldn't even have the option. Often, I'm not even aware of how many times I've hit it. I'll remember hitting it once and suddenly I realize that it's been 50 minutes since my alarm first went off!
There are lots of suggestions out there on how to become a morning person.
- Put the alarm far away from your bed - done that. I still get up, go over, hit snooze, go lay down and repeat ad nauseam.
- Get an alarm clock that plays music instead of beeps - yeah, but I can still hit the snooze button
- Get an alarm clock that has a built in light that slowly increases until it's brightest when it's time to get up - super annoying for anyone else in bed who doesn't have to get up when I do
- Don't hit snooze but go straight into the shower (or eat, or stretch, or a million other ideas) - but what about the fact that I don't even realize I'm up and hitting the snooze button?!
- I should get up now so I can walk the dogs - good for them and good for me!
- I should get up now so I don't have to rush to get ready
- I should not hit snooze because the extra 10 minutes doesn't really help.
- I should not hit snooze because it keeps waking my girlfriend up.