Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mostly Productive

Things have been going well. I'm all set to get my new floors installed the week of May 23rd. It does require some juggling of the animals to make sure the dogs won't be in their way, but it's all planned out and super easy!

Mornings haven't been perfect, but they've been much easier than ever. I've been to work on time every day and haven't been stressed out at all. It's been a little slow at work lately, so that's nice. Today was busier and I was feeling pretty tired, but I got through it, thankfully due to my lunch break.


Because of the new puppy, I now have scheduled hour long lunches for myself. It's been very calming this week to go home, let the dogs out, make a sandwich, eat on the deck while the dogs enjoy the yard and just take it easy for a bit before going back to work. I think that even after Zoe is fully house trained and able to hold it 8 hours, I'll still come home for lunches. I like how it splits up the day and gives me some quiet time.

One of my coworkers and I have been trying to set up a doggy play date for a while, and it finally worked out on Sunday. She and her husband have a huge amount of land with trails, hills and streams. I met them there with Zoe and let her run around and play, although she mostly stayed near me since it was all brand new to her. The next day my girlfriend and I took all the dogs there to play and it was so nice to see them all running around. Just seeing how much they enjoy themselves on these kinds of outings brings a smile to my face. 

I'm actually proud of myself that I followed through on doing the play date with my coworker. I haven't ever hung out with her outside of work, and in the past I sometimes had a hard time crossing that co-worker line. Not because I didn't want to, but because I was never motivated to really go out and do things. I would get invites to things, but often decline because I felt like I wouldn't know anybody or because I thought I wouldn't be interesting enough to hang out with. Also, it always felt so fake to put a smile on my face and socialize. Thankfully it's not fake anymore!

This weekend coming up is going to be busy. Friday night I'm working the concert, Saturday I have some work and a meeting (as well as any grocery shopping or cleaning that needs to be done), and then Sunday is Zoe's first obedience class and I have a 5 hour shift that night. Usually I'd look towards a weekend like this and cringe at all the things I have to do, but I'm not feeling that right now. Everything seems manageable. I'm trying to take things one at a time.

My To-Do list hasn't progressed much since I talked about it earlier. The floors will be done soon, but there's still painting in the bathrooms and hanging the last cabinet. Then I saw these cool kits where you can make your counters and cabinets look totally different without replacing them, and they're reasonably priced! So, that's going on the list of things to do. I still haven't finished putting the edges on my blanket, but with how warm it's been I don't want to work with all that heavy wool!

So, all in all, it's pretty stable right now, and I'm very thankful for that. I feel bad that I haven't been posting as much lately, but I've been pretty content with how things are going. Maybe it's a blessing that I don't have more to write about!

2 comments:

  1. I can really relate to this post for two reasons. First, I get so much joy out of watching my dog run and play with other dogs and second, I have never really been able to make that transition from co-worker to friend. I'm so glad you did it and what better facilitator than a dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the floor-installing went well! I remember it was a bit of a pain when we got wooden floors put in, we had to carry out a bunch of furniture and had a narrow path to walk on. I'm glad things have been pretty good and stable lately! Just wanted to check up on you since I hadn't talked to you in a while! Take care!

    ReplyDelete