Friday, April 8, 2011

Building Self-Esteem

For the past few years, I have had a folder in my inbox where I put any emails that contain compliments or thanks. I haven't ever looked back into it, but I know it's there, waiting for the right time. I also have a few thank you notes and hand-written "kudos" hiding in my desk at work.

I've decided to take all of these little gems and put them into one place. That way, when I'm feeling down, I can go there and find something that will help life my spirits.

I got a nice spiral bound notebook from Borders and it's got some pockets and see-through pages interspersed throughout the pages. That way I can take some of the hand written notes and put them in there, but I can also transcribe the emails onto the pages.

Maybe I'll take a look at it every morning, or those mornings where I just don't want to get up and go. Or maybe I'll look at it every night. Either way, I think that having a little haven for these positive tidbits will help me feel better about myself.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool, I'm jealous that you had a folder organizing those nice emails when you got them, I've thought of doing that too. Now I have to go searching through all my emails looking for ones that I want to remember that were really great. I like how you are going to put them all in a notebook! I look over a box of birthday or Christmas cards that were really nice and my previous yearbook messages when I want a boost. :)

    ReplyDelete